CALL FOR PAPERS
IJLS LAW JOURNAL [IJLS@LawJ]
Volume 1/2018 – ISBN: 978-99949-951-0-3
CALL FOR PAPERS VOLUME 1/2018
FIRST ISSUE – IJLS@LawJ January 2018
The IJLS@LawJ is a peer-reviewed interdisciplinary journal, published by the IJLS, on its website - http://www.ijls.mu/.
OBJECTIVES OF THE IJLS@LAWJ
The IJLS aims to be a forum thatinvolves, promotes and engages law practitioners, scholars and the Judiciary to express and share their ideas and opinions on current legal issues. The Journal also plans to feature guest articles by eminent legal scholars and law practitioners as well as articles by the members of the Judiciary, thereby providing an interface for all stakeholders in the justice system and share knowledge on Mauritian and International law.
Submissions, under the following categories, are welcome.
1. Articles (Long articles – between 5000 – 6000 words including footnotes & Short articles – between 2000 – 3000 words including footnotes)
2. Book reviews (1000 – 2000 words including footnotes)
3. Case Commentaries (1000 – 3000 words including footnotes)
4. Comments/ Articles on Policies/ Documents/ Draft Bills/ Law Commission Reports/ Committee reports (3000 – 5000 words including footnotes)
2. A short bio profile (of approximately 300 words) including qualifications and institutional affiliations, if any, are to be detailed in the covering letter.
3. Only original work need to be sent. It is presumed that, once the work has been sent, that it is the original work of the author so named and that it has not been published anywhere else.
4. All work need to be sent in MS Word format – (.doc or .docx)
5. The author should maintain a uniform mode of citation throughout the whole work.
6. The font to be used should be as per OSCOLA (https://www.law.ox.ac.uk/research-subject-groups/publications/oscola)
Scope and relevance:
The work must be on contemporary legal issues in Mauritian and/or International Law. The language used must be formal, simply and clear, adhering to the submissions guidelines of the journal.
The submissions received would be reviewed and the Editor(s) would determine whether the subject matter fits within the scope of the IJLS LawJ and also would assess the quality of the manuscript. The decision on publication will be solely the discretion of the Chief Editor and it takes a minimum of one month after the deadline.
Submission Deadline: All Articles should be submitted at noon by 15th February 2018.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE EXTENDED TO: 15th February, 2018.
The Institute for Judicial and Legal Studies